SPCK339PASK3 POWER STEERING KIT LAND ROVER SERIES 2A-3
SPCK339PASK2 POWER STEERING KIT LAND ROVER SERIES 2A-3, This kit is for the Land Rover Series 2a, and Series 3, Short Wheel Base (including lightweights) or Long Wheel Base, Left Hand Drive and Right Hand Drive to fit a P38 power steering box (not supplied).
The kit consists of
- P38Pas Box Mounting plate, Gussets to weld on to chassis, Bolts, nuts and washers
- Modified Track road Assembly with new Track Rod ends, clamps nuts and bolts and a Specially made Adaptor
- Modified Drag Link Assembly consists of new drag link which is modified and a modified adjuster, new track rod ends, clamps, nuts and bolts.
- Power steering pipe adaptor / Reducer
- Fitting instructions complete with photos
Our power steering conversion is quite unique, it is the only power steering conversion available that will give you 3 turns from lock to lock, not the usual 4 turns that manual and other power steering conversions steering have, we found that with 4 turns the steering was over powered and to light at speed, so with our unique steering system we have made the steering with more feel and slightly heavier. Land Rover models with power steering have 3 turns lock to lock.
We use the P38 Range Rover ZF power steering box, far more reliable than the Adwest box, this is fitted using our special mounting plates to be welded to the chassis, the steering box is then bolted on the outside of the chassis and therefore does not require the front chassis cross member or the front panel to be altered in any way. This allows Turbo intercooled Diesel engines being fitted so there is room for the intercooler, radiator and oil coolers etc. We use the Land Rover 90/110 steering column assembly and steering wheel for this conversion.
This Is Not A Full Power Steering Kit As The Customer Will Need To Supply Their Own Major Components See below.
It Is Designed To Be Used With Conversion Engines That Have Power Steering Pumps Fitted As Standard.
Click this link for > summary of installation and video
ADDITIONAL PARTS REQUIRED FOR THIS CONVERSION
- Range Rover P38 steering box
- P38 universal joint coupling shaft
- P38 Power steering pipes (Petrol or Diesel)
- Power Steering Pipe from the power steering pump on the engine being fitted or already fitted (e.g. 200Tdi or 300Tdi V8 Etc.) that goes to the power steering box
- Brown plastic PAS Fluid reservoir and mounting bracket (Preferably P38 one)
- Power Steering Pump if not fitted to the engine already (e.g. 200Tdi or 300Tdi V8 Etc.)
- Steering column assembly with brackets, complete with Steering Wheel from a Land Rover 90/110, (note there are 2 different splines on the steering columns so you need the steering wheel to match)
This conversion is suitable for Left Hand Drive models.
If the conversion is done neatly, the installation will look original and not like a conversion.
We are working in conjunction with Richards Chassis, so you can order a chassis from them with P38 power steering box mounting plate welded and gussets to the chassis before it is galvanised.
Click her for Summary of Installation See our new video on the this page
Steve Parkers Ltd have been designing enhancements for Land Rovers for over 35 years. From petrol and diesel engine conversions, conversion exhausts, replacement diff pans, swivel gaiters, gearbox oil feeders, etc.